Geoff's Mom Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What's New


Be True
This is my newest addition to the website. I couldn't decide whether to put this in a full size quilt or just make it into a wall hanging but I decided I liked it best as a wall hanging. What do you think?


Josephine
I named this pattern "Josephine" after a woman I used to quilt with. She was such a great quilter and she had a quilt house. She always dressed nice wearing make-up and all the accessories. I know she was in her 80's and that was many years ago.  She built a house just for her to go and quilt in. She said her husband didn't like the mess of sewing and threads all over the house.. (I actually think it was a way for her to get out and enjoy her quilting time)I always looked up to her as a shining example.


Girl Fox in Flowery Frock

I am not the best knitter. I actually learned from my dad how to knit. His mother and grandmother were master knitters. I thought it was time I tried my hand at something different and knit this cute fox for Spring. If you are a knitter this is a wonderful pattern you can buy on Raverlry.com

Pansies will be planted in my front yard today. Hopefully the weather will stay nice. Keep those comments coming my friends! They always put a smile on my face.

3 comments :

Cathy said...

I love both of the quilts. I really love the story of Josephine. Don't we all wish we could build a house just to quilt in. Hugs

Jodi Connors (Mountain Gurl Quilts) said...

As always, you quilts never disappoint, Joyce, I love "Be True", but that is also because I love anything with a willow tree and sheep LOL. Thanks for sharing your lovely story. I got my pansies too, and I am waiting for the weather to break here in the mountains, I have the perfect window box to put them in, can't wait!

Blessings,
Jodi

Gayle said...

Seeing Josephine's quilt reminds me that I have several large string stars in my UFO pile - I should dig them out and do something with them! Thanks for jogging my memory!