Geoff's Mom Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mary Belle

This is my newest pattern! I named this quilt after my great-aunt "Belle" she taught me to quilt. She always seemed to have a quilt on the frames in her living room. I use to stay at her house with my cousin and we would play under the quilt frames and I was always intrigued watching her take all those tiny stitches. she was my inspiration in making this quilt. I hope you enjoy!






My girlfriend Louise and I had a mini retreat in St. George. We decided to make these cute pincushions with the thread catchers. It was so much fun to laugh and get time together to sew. I am working on my next pattern.. I showed you the picture of the block in my last post.

2 comments :

antique quilter said...

great quilt!
wow love the fabrics you used for it too.
just my style ;)
oh this thread catcher and pin cushion is adorable!
I could see making those for gifts!
Kathie

Kami Shelley said...

Auntie Joyce these are so cute!! You need to come visit soon or maybe I'll come visit you =)